Mid-Atlantic Fruit & Vegetable Convention Information
The Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention has become the premier grower meeting in the Northeast combining three days of six or more concurrent educational sessions with a large industry trade show and numerous networking opportunities - all designed to enable fruit, vegetable and berry growers as well as direct marketers to stay on the cutting edge of their industries.
2021 CONVENTION INFORMATION:
DATES: February 8-11, 2021
*** Be sure to select 'New Jersey State Horticultural Society' under the 'Association or Affiliation' when you register! ***
The 2021 Mid-Atlantic Fruit and Vegetable Convention will be held virtually during the week of February 8, 2021. Normally over 2,400 fruit, vegetable, and berry growers and other industry personnel from throughout the mid-Atlantic region and beyond gather at the Hershey Lodge each year for what has become one of the premier grower meetings on the East Coast. Since a normal in-person meeting will not be feasible this year due to the coronavirus pandemic restrictions, the Convention Joint Committee has voted to move to a virtual format for the first time. Plans are being made to offer exceptional educational sessions on a full-range of topics in tree fruit, vegetable, small fruit, and potato production plus retail and wholesale marketing. A special session will also be presented in Spanish for Spanish-speaking industry members. The virtual event will also feature a trade show component allowing participants to "visit" with exhibitors.
- 2021 Virtual Program Details
- Mid-Atlantic Convention Press Release
- Mid-Atlantic Fruit & Vegetable Convention Website - This link provides information regarding the full Educational Program and Registration information for NJSHS members
- Convention Registration & Information - Be sure to select 'NJ' under the 'Association or Affiliation' when you register!
NJ Pesticide Recertification Credits Important Information - PLEASE READ
The latest information regarding 2021 NJ Pesticide Recertification Credits from the Rutgers/Hunterdon County Agricultural Extension is as follows:
- NJ Pesticide Recertification Credits (CORE, PP2, 1A, and 10) are anticipated. To ENSURE that you receive Credits for the sessions you attend during the virtual MAFV Convention, you MUST follow the instructions on the follow up email that will be sent to you from Hunterdon County Agricultural Extension Secretary Kim Frey following the meeting.
- When registering for the MAFV Convention, please be sure to select New Jersey Horticultural Society as your affiliation. This will ensure that you will be able to obtain credits and receive further information regarding your credits.
- Attendees MUST must use a code provided, must be 'present' logged in, and stay for the entire session to receive credits..